Since I loved yesterday’s plum grapes smoothie so much, I ventured today into making another one using other ingredients. So here is the result: a yummie peach banana smoothie recipe using the following ingredients:
- 1 peach cut in small pieces
- 1 banana peeled
- half glass of orange juice
- 4 ice cubes
I put all these in my blender and below is the result. Hubby told me yesterday that he doesn’t believe these are tasty things. So I made him a glass today too. When he tried it, he simply took ownership of the glass and nursed it until it was finished. He told me sheepishly that it’s very good. And indeed it is, the taste is simply yummie.
Tomorrow I’ll try an apple banana smoothie and see how it goes. I’m starting slow with just a few ingredients and work my way up to more complex ones with more fruits in it. I love experimenting with smoothies!
And now for my musing on health. Since last November when I learned I have hypothyroidism and a few Hurthle cell nodules (which are as of yet unconfirmed to be benign or malignant), I’ve been searching for ways to live a healthier life and heal my body without many pills and horrible chemicals that just stress the metabolism unnecessarily. I’ve only been taking baby steps, every time adding or replacing something new in my diet, but this is what I’ve done so far.
- First I’ve chucked the horrible Levothyroxine pills for thyroid, replacing them with NDT – natural desiccated thyroid, which is what people were treated years ago before all the synthetic chemical equivalents came on the market to make the pharma companies rich.
- Next I’ve started with making my own fresh juice from fruits and vegetables.
- I’m also using various essential oils in oil burner, in baths, for massage, etc
- Another step was to start with Lugol’s iodine (most of us are iodine deficient, especially people with hypothyroidism). I’ve slowly increased the dose to 50 mg and for now I’m staying at this dosage.
- I’m also taking lots of vitamin and mineral supplements that are needed for healing the thyroid and also as accompanying supplements when taking iodine. I’m taking now vitamin C, magnesium, selenium every day.
- I have switched from the poisonous table salt to Himalayan salt, which is real crystal rock salt that was not heated and stripped off from all its trace minerals.
- When I take my bath, I use Epsom salt with baking soda for removing toxins out of my body, while giving me additional magnesium. I also use essential oils for added health benefits and a wonderful smell
- I’m no longer eating sugar, and I’m eating less chocolates and bakery sweets than before
- I’ve thrown away all commercial deodorants (especially roll-ons and deo sticks) and I’ve made my own deodorant using natural ingredients like virgin coconut oil
- I’ve added coconut oil to my diet and I’m looking for ways to integrate this more every day
- I’ve started yesterday oil pulling, but this is a subject that I’ll be writing on another post soon. I’m quite excited about this actually.
- Finally, I’ve discovered smoothies!!
As next steps I’m looking to replace my white bread with whole grain bread. I love white toast bread, and i’ll be sorry to let it go, but this is a step in the right direction I think.
Bit by bit, I’m getting there. What are your steps for living a healthier life with a wholesome diet?
Last updated byat .